Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goodbye to a true gentleman.



My grandfather, otherwise known as Papa, fell ill this last week. He passed quickly and peacefully. Still, the loss is hard and something I am not good with. I guess there aren't too many of us who are good at it. He was a decorated Air Force pilot during WWII. He was known for his BBQ, gentle ways and for setting my mom up with his son. Good choice! His wife of 65 years and my Grandma Lar passed from Parkinsons while I was on bedrest about 7 months ago. I just know those two are back together and carrying on again. And there are times when I feel like they are here, checking in on those great grand babies of theirs. Every time a light flickers or a toy makes a random noise...I wonder. I know, strange. But I like to think my children have two amazing guardian angels up there watching over them.
1) I know this picture of the three of us is very old, but I also know my Grandma Lar loved it.
2) Tailgating Michigan State Football style. My maternal Grandpa Tony (on L) was a Dean , My Dad (Center) played baseball and my brother, football. Papa the pilot (On R) was at my little bro's every hs and college football game.

No comments: