Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shriners-Well, not today.



I have been invited to walk the runway in Oak Brook to help raise funds for the Medinah Shriners. The Shriners will always be close to my heart as they have been since I was a teen. Through the Shriners Hospital for Children, they fund medical research and treatment to children up to 18 years old regardless of their ability to pay. Years ago I was able to tour their Chicago hospital and the work they were doing then and what they are accomplishing now, is miraculous. NOW, for the funny part.I arrived to find I arrived on the wrong month!Turns out, I should be there in May. It all worked out though. The Aceto's were down the road with Mrs. Illinois Zara Johnson, Miss Teen Illinois All-American Maddie Sell and Miss Young Teen Illinois All-American Kennedy Neiwolny. They were busy meeting and greeting at Brizan Couture. Zara filled me in on her time at Mrs. America and we were able to watch the girls try on some fantastic dresses at Brizan. Lisa Neiwolny was also there so we all were able to catch up and get a group shot.

No comments: