Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Beautiful Benny



Today I went to "Gifted," so I could pick up gifts for a few of the VIP's in my childrens' lives, their teachers. I visit the store in Lake Forest once a week after riding. They are so funny and kind even though I smell a "bit," like a horse. This time I notice a box filled with rubber bracelets for brain tumors and child cancer. There were also some in purple, marked "Benny's World," in orange with a note reading "Benny's Favorite Colors Were Purple and Orange." I asked one of the ladies at the counter, "Who is Benny?" She told me it was her son who died at 5 years old from a brain tumor this past September. To help honor his life and help other families like Benny's, they began Benny's World and are doing so many wonderful things around here in his name. I urge you to take a look inside his world and even buy a bracelet or two (or several like I did)to help fund research to cure pediatric brain tumors. www.bennysworld.org

No comments: