Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My New Man




Allow me to introduce you to MY new man. He is very tall, dark,handsome and about 20+ years worth of waiting. I barrel raced back in the day, but there was very dangerous accident involving my very young horse rearing with me. She just kept coming on back...on top of me. Later, another horse I was riding for someone kicked the teeth out of a friend. My parents had me hang up the stirrups and told me to go to college, get a job and afford the danger myself:( Fast forward through years of working and moving, getting married and having children. Finally this year I felt it was time to get back in the saddle, only this time it's on an English saddle. After some heavy campaigning by myself and even friends, John gave in to the idea of burning money for a hobby I can't resist. And so this is Legacy, also known as Legs. He's a gorgeous (biased mom here) Hanoverian and an accomplished hunter who is SAFE. And as my mom says, he's the additional child I couldn't have. He is a little piece of heaven, as is everyone at Country Ridge Stables.

No comments: