Friday, May 4, 2012

A Parade of a Different Kind

Every year at my son's school, they hold a vocabulary parade. And we go all out for it, or so I thought. So when John decided to go as the word, "Meteorologst," I got to thinking and planning. I found a sombrero and we painted a sun yellow. Simple, right? We (I) decided to make the hat a huge cloud by sewing on pillow stuffing. Many, MANY finger pricks later...I spent HOURS then sewing long streamers on for rain on one side and Ice on the other. Of course I had to add some bling for effect.So, bloodied, sticky and hunched over it was then I realized the sun was on the back of his head as the head piece kept sliding back. We made some adjustments to the 10 pound obstracity and luckily he was able to turn it sideways to fit it through the classroom doors for the big parade. I think I overdid it. But in the end he was a hit and hard to miss. Next year,he's on his own!;)

No comments: