Saturday, February 23, 2013

Glammed Up!






This weekend John and I attended the annual and very lovely Cove Gala benefitting the Cove School. The amazing facility works with children from several surrounding counties who have various types of behavioral or learning disabilities. It is truly magical how Cove transforms a child’s life and future by helping them learn in unique ways so they can reintegrate into “regular,” schools and even continue on to college. We were there to celebrate our neighbors who were honored with the, “Prism Award.”  They've done outstanding work on behalf of the school and the benefits are helping so many children and their families now and in years to come.   My favorite girl, or I should say, young woman, Jane, is one of those students and I've known her as long as I have lived here.  We’ve watched her grow in to such an incredible person.  I can't wait to see what lies in store for her as she will begin college in the fall.  So proud of you Jane!
1) Jane and me

2) Our neighbors, the Prism Award recipients. 

No comments: