Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What Did I Do This Time?

In an effort to get in better shape, I took on a tough trainer a couple of weeks ago. A really tough trainer who makes me push sleds and do wind sprints. (It isn't pretty)  I admit, my thighs were fried when I took a neighbor up on an offer to go run.  And then I took a stumble and not so gracefully caught myself with those fried thighs. I battled on, believing it was just a really back muscle cramp in my quadriceps, and a mile later, I had to get picked up by car. It was no cramp, but a very nice partial tear to my rectus femoris. Which means, a brace for a week, no running etc for 6-8 weeks, no riding Legs for a month AND plenty of physical therapy. The good news is this injury had nothing to do with riding a horse! And for that I am grateful.

No comments: