Saturday, July 26, 2008

Too young


Here I am talking about beauty pageants and weight. My trials of baby fat and steroids and then I check my email. Tonight I learned I lost a friend of mine. Bob Rainey passed today after a three year battle with colon cancer. He was only 46. Only 46. He still had plans for a family and all that life owed him.

Bob and I became friends back when we both worked in Nashville. His former agent had become my agent. The two reunited and Bob was hired at WCCO. There he has been a sports anchor and covered his beloved Vikings. Dare I mention the Bears to him?

Bob was the kind of guy you would want to set up with your friends. He was THAT kind of great. And for three years he has taken on his battle very quietly. I thought he was managing it well, or so I was told. But now I know otherwise. It breaks my heart. There is nothing more to say, except, well I don't know. Tonight I haven't the right words because there are none. To Bob, I love you and will miss you.

No comments: