Monday, December 21, 2009

The Progressive Dinner-must stay on one's toes,er, feet.










It is a annual tradition on our street. We may only have a few houses on our row, but we have fabulous neighbors. Granted, they all seem to have four children per household so I think it makes for laid back people who don't easily frazzle while getting it all done. We were house/stop #1 and in charge of the apps and cocktails,then off to house #2 for dinner. Gina made an amazing lasagna that she swears is from the mag "Cooking Light." It is a must-have recipe and so I must get it from her to share!There was a Christmas trivia game with kids vs adults. Um, the adults lost. Then it was off to house #3 for dessert, gingerbread house decorating and some late night ice skating. Most of the homes here have winter rinks out back. How else do you enjoy a nice (cold)long winter? Luckily, our kiddos are a couple of years too young, so we aren't there YET. It's a lot of work to keep the ice clean...or so I am told. Well, speaking of ice, I hit a rough patch. Or shall I say, a slick patch, on the walk down to house #3. I did a great job catching myself on my hands as I have discovered that my UGGs are both ugly and of no use on ice. What was believed to be a possible strained ligament is in fact a fracture. I have had a horse fall on me and God knows what else and never broken a thing. I guess I am getting older, perhaps not wiser;)
1)Ready to get started.
2)And the correct answer is...
3)Our children were home asleep at this point (such party poopers;)), so the rest of the kids decorated this house to bring home for them.
4)The gimp and soo attractive.

No comments: