Monday, January 25, 2010

A Shout Out



This is just me climbing on a soap box for anyone who'll listen-or read. As a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) for children who have been abused or neglected, I spend a bit of time at the Lake County Juvenile court building. Usually, I head there about once a month. As advocates, we are appointed only one case at a time and we stay with it until the child or children are in a permanent home. The case workers handle many more. The person I work with has the max of 18 cases which involve many more children. She, the guardian ad litems and judges must be efficient and detailed. I am in awe by their work. Everyone I have worked with and watch wants the best for the children. They really do put their hearts into their jobs. Would it be better if cases could be handled faster and more easily so these children didn't have to linger in limbo while matters are handled? Absolutely. That is up to the established laws. But those who work inside those juvenile courts, such as Lake County, are doing what they can to help the best they can. Want to help also? Become a CASA or even buy our new handy dandy cook book. We have concocted recipes that are all SO easy, you can make them with your kids. I mean, even I can make them which is why several of them are in there! $15 for one, $25 for two. Here are 3 ways to get them while they're hot! www.casalakecounty.com Call 847-808-9154 or email pfrazin@casalakecounty.com

No comments: