Thursday, May 6, 2010

As the waters receed...







Welcome to Nashville. It's more heartbreaking than any country song I've heard. The flood waters took over the Delph (Adelphia Coliseum) along with 2nd Avenue and Broadway. "The Mother Church," or Grand Ole Opry and Oryland are under acres of water as well. And in the bottom two pictures, you can see my old newsroom which is just a couple of blocks from the state capitol. It is in the basement (or dungeon as I called it) of NewsChannel 5 which oddly resembles a UFO. Tornadoes have struck Nashville a time or two and being underground can be a blessing when trying to keep the operations going I guess. But flood waters had no problem shutting everything down anyway. So strange to see my old desk there and notice how everything else is gone. Michelle (my old roomie who still works at Ch 5) said trucks spent a couple of days working around the clock to suck out all the water. Can you imagine? My heart goes out to my 2nd favorite city (Chicago being #1)and the outstanding people there who will rebuild and transform Nashville back to it's vibrant self.

No comments: