Monday, May 31, 2010

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You


Thank you to all of you who have served our country, who are serving our country and will someday serve our country. The courage, dedication and loyalty is SO admired and appreciated that words can never convey just how much your sacrifices mean to all of us.

My late Grandfather, "Papa," was a decorated air force pilot, my other Grandpa Tony is also a decorated Army veteran with numerous medals to honor his courage. The same with my father who gave up his full ride baseball scholarship to Michigan State to instead voluntarily serve in the Army where he was a Captain. These men are all so special to me as are other people I have come to know such as my father-in-law.

What strikes me is that although my family knows of their years of service, the details are always kept quiet. They dare not speak of the experiences in depth. I wish they would, so the rest of us could try to gain a better grasp of just what "service," has meant which is not nearly as glamorous as many movies portray. Perhaps it is better we do not know the details and better they do not relive them. But I thank them and thank you for all you do.

No comments: