Friday, July 23, 2010

Heading to Bolingbrook





The week that wasn't. Well, almost. We thought we safely survived John's camp counselor's bout with strep the week before. Then our sitter, "Gladys," showed up Monday with all the signs to confirm we had a problem. She went home and rested for the next few days. And we prayed ALOT that the rest of us would be spared. Why,such hypochondriacs? I was about to compete at Mrs. Illinois America at the end of the week. So, no sick babies and I was already losing my voice. We reorganized and cancelled fittings and nails ect. By Thursday we were full force again and I luckily was able to make it to court for my CASA family. Friday was spent catching up at a mock 2 pace for everyone. It explains why my gown was later a bit big in the butt. Not alot of time to sit about;)

I was completely surprised by these signs from the kiddos, with the help of our beloved "Gladys," who is like a little sister to me. AND she is getting married on our anniversary! With the truck packed to the brim and the tank full, I was finally on my way smelling a bit like sunless tanner. Yum! The trip to Bolingbrook normally takes just under an hour, but severe weather blew in from the West. Somehow,the storms seemed to part over the highway so we drivers were spared torrential downpours. 2.5 hours later, I made it to Bolingbrook to find a double rainbow! It was a great omen and a wonderful way to kick off an even more hectic weekend.

1&2) My going away gifts
3) It doesn't look like it from this picture, but this is the double rainbow.

No comments: