Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ten Pounds All in the Name of CASA.




Several of us gathered at the Westin Northshore to take part in a tasting for the upcoming CASABlanca gala in February for CASA of Lake County. Okay, twist my arm. It was just horrible having to try out dozens of appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts(and some wine). The worst part was deciding what to serve at the benefit as they were each so good. After all that food, we were all stuffed, but I was still able to then meet up with some of of my favorite ladies from Illinois International who chaperone Miss Illinois and Miss Illinois Teen USA. It was impossible to eat anything at that point for fear of exploding, but what a great time with Jennifer, Beverly, Sharon, Sarah and Robin. Love you all!
1)Sushi. I am not normally a fan, but all of it was so worth stepping out of my comfort zone.
2)How cute is this mini mug of tomato soup with a mini grilled cheese in the shape of a heart?

No comments: