Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Envelope Please...










Anyone who knows me, understands that when it comes to reading off names in terms of runner-ups etc, I get a little weak in the knees. Even when I don't know anyone on stage, my heart goes into overdrive for them! So finals night was an evening full of "cuts," I somehow survived on so many levels. The Top 12 was called. At this point, it became a little fuzzy for me. We are supposed to watch to see who went left, so if we are called, we then go left. Back stage you are given a new number for the new order. The gals backstage were wonderful in making sure we were taped, glued and ready to go. Susie, Alicia, Jeanene and Heidi-you all still crack me up when I think about the point in the night;) I didn't really know who else had made the top 12 until the next day as it all happens THAT fast and half of you are on the other side of the stage! From there we jumped into jumped into new pink swim suits and got back on stage. After that, we glammed it up in our evening gowns. All of the women were so gracious and wonderful backstage as they watched the show from there and were so encouraging. Next, the Top 6 was called. We were each asked a question about something off our biography. I must say I really thought Mrs. TX (Shannon)gave an great answer about her work with charitable organizations. The top three were called and I again heard my name. What?? We were each asked what we wanted the judges to know about us.I have no idea what I said as it was still a blurr. I just remember being able to see the Aceto's, my husband and the billboards stage left, and Clay Spann and Joey Rutherford stage right.
And then, the results. I was named 2nd runner-up, Mrs. MD, Raquel Thomas, was called 1st runner-up and Mrs. CT, Shelley Carbone, became our new Mrs. America. I was so privileged to be standing on stage with these 50 other women throughout the week and to be among Raquel and Shelley is still hard for me to believe. Shelley is a mother of FOUR and I have told so many people that she is a modern day Grace Kelly. She is simply lovely and a wonderful representative for us as a class.

1)Our opening number dresses
2)Top 6 Answer from the big screen
3)Top 3 question
4)The New Mrs. America is...
5)Top 12
6)Chris and Michelle
7)Lisa and me
8)Johnny baby

No comments: