Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Preliminary Night!









Happy Labor Day! I hope you spent today with family and friends and enjoyed the holiday. I did! tonight was the preliminary competition. It consisted of swimsuit, evening gown and state costume. We all wore the same suits (teal)and heels. Evening gown is always may favorite, but since we are all back stage, we really don't have the chance to see what anyone else is wearing unless they are standing right next to us in line. From what I saw, the gowns were spectacular! Loved Mrs. VA's (Tonya Ratliff)gown and Mrs. Michigan's (Stephanie Hunt)gown as both were in white and stunning. Then I would catch a glimpse of Mrs. ID (Heidi Parsons)and Mrs. NC (Tammy McMurray) in those vivid blues and I was in love as well.
At the end, we each wore our state costumes. I went as one of the Blackhawks Ice Crew. I wore what those gals wear n the ice during games. Actually, I wore what the Ice crew wore on the set of a Ron Howard movie that is being shot in Chicago. I bedazzled a stick and was good to go. Still, even with those leg warmers, I know those girls have to get chilly. God forbid they were to slip on the ice and get stuck to it. Ha! Thanks to Angela King Designs for the quick turn around!Thank you to Michelle for taking pictures.
1)Go Blackhawks! I shall not trip of fall...
2)Michelle Allen-Parker and Lisa Niewolny (Mrs. IL 2008)pre-show
3)Michelle's hubby Chris with the poster (billboard) my hubby had made.

No comments: