Thursday, September 2, 2010

Getting Schooled







After rehearsals, we delegates were able to take part in a charity fashion show on behalf of the resort which raised funds for teachers. Arizona is one of the states on the lower end of the list when it comes to educational achievement. As we all know, education is vital. Still, educators are forced to fund their own classrooms just so they can function. So, the fundraiser helps provide supplies for AZ teachers and their classrooms. The fashion show also offered gift baskets from each of us for auction. Then, half of us wore gowns of our own choice and the other half (me) wore state costumes. Let me mention Mrs. New Hampshire, Heather Merrill. I met her about a year ago via email. And so I love this picture with her. Given all the running arund we did during the wekk, I never had the chance to sit down and just catch uyp with Heather, but we both met before we both were given the opportunity to represent our states and I hope after the boxes and bags are unpacked, we will get that chance to catch up! It was a great time and gave me the chance to see Elisa Rister (Mrs. AZ 09)and meet a few others who I knew only through Facebook.

No comments: