Friday, September 10, 2010

Thank You!


Thank you!

I must thank my husband for his support in helping me become Mrs. Illinois and for his encouragement as we prepared to head to Tucson. He was the self-proclaimed Head of the Illinois delegation and did a great job of organizing the details and everyone and making sure the kiddos were in good hands while I was away.I love you dearly. Thank you Johnny and Ali for being you as I took you on stage with me each time. Mom and Dad, thank you for coming in and I will see you soon, Shhsshh. Ha Ha!
Thank you to Joe, Marcie and Jules Aceto. You have been even more incredible than I could have hoped for as directors and I cannot wait to get started on our year.
Lisa,you embrace what a queen should be and you have been invaluable as a friend first and always! Michelle, thank you for making the trip out and for always cheering me along the journey and thanks to Christopher for coming with you. Rona, again, you are always there as a dear friend I am so lucky to have.
Michele Strom, you made me feel great as I walked into interviews and Fawnia, you are a miracle worker for getting my straight hair to curl. Holly and Sarah, you two are the reason I found THE gown and the knit dress for interview. Holly, you give good insight that helped me become Mrs. Illinois and Sarah you made sure I always had options to consider just in case;) Gaspar, you create living works of art. I want to frame my gown and hang it on a wall along with the earrings and bracelet, but I want to wear them EVERYWHERE instead. You made me look and feel like a queen. Deanna and Jennifer, you are always my queens. Thanks for your calls and texts and the chocolate covered strawberries. Shannon, my Devine one, your humor and advice has been always been so helpful and luckily I didn't need to "Phone a friend," while there, but I will phone you soon. Thank you to Lori, Holly and Dee for the gifts and flowers and to everyone else who called and left messages during the week.
I also must thank Monica for holding down the fort while John and I were in AZ and to Kelly for helping keep Johnny and Ali busy and entertained so they didn't miss us too much.
And thank you to all my sister queens. You all are amazing and I miss you.What a truly wonderful experience we've had!

No comments: